Friday, December 5, 2008

Furoshiki - the no-sew bag

Remember a few posts ago, I mentioned that I was trying to make the impossible happen in regards to Christmas presents?

Well, I didn't really succeed. I did however achieve quite a few but I will have to post them after I have given them away so as to not wreck the surprise!

Making those origami Christmas ornaments have gotten me into an origami craze. I've since dug up my very very old origami book that I've had since I was a child, bought a new book which has dinosaur patterns to fold for Zach and have discovered something else which is so cool, I wanted to share it with you.

It's called Furoshiki, broadly translated from Japanese as "wrapping cloth". Check out this website for some general history. The video below provides you with wonderful instructions to make three variations of bags. These bags are perfect for those who want a no-sew alternative!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I have combed the web for a cool
    and functional no-sew bag for a year, and this
    one is pefectomundo!

    Thank you!

    I guess one would need to use softer fabrics?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin