Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2011! This year is going to be awesome, jam-packed with lots of new things to try out and old skills to hone.


To start the year, I've decided to that the painting I did for Tina (yes, the baking extraordinaire) and Brendyn should be a benchmark on which my 2011 should launch from. I think this is by far my favourite painting so far. Why this painting then, I hear you ask?

Well, I'll let you into a secret. It for one night, the painting above looked absolutely different. In fact, it looked hideous. The image I had in my head didn't come out right and I was forcing it. The bottom half of the canvas was trying very hard to be a rich dark brown bush landscape. Everyone in the house was turned off by it actually. Even Zach and Amelia.

For me, I had to let it out and sleep on it for a night. Early the next morning in the cool hours of a summer day's freshness, I set about letting the painting take shape, form and colour naturally.

There is a lot to learn from this process.

I'm going to listen and respond more intuitively both internally to myself and externally to the people and things around me.

How about you? What are your new year resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin