Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Robot frog

I've been running around like a headless chook these last few days. I'm on drop off and pick up duties as Zach's started pre-primary at a new school and they are undergoing a transition program with half days for the first two weeks. It's been a little crazy in the mornings trying to get breakfast into him and getting him into his uniform. We have a 45 mins drive to his school so it truly is an early start for him. Thank God he is an early bird who is up by 7am. So no need for dragging him out of bed which is a blessing.

It's been a little crazy at work since I have to then leave midday to pick him up and drop him home. Lots of late nights to ensure that I don't drown in work.

But of course, I didn't jump on the computer tonight to tell you that.

I wanted to show you this!

This is what Zach made this morning during drop off time. A robot frog. Completely unassisted. Initially, he put the green pieces and one round yellow piece together. I merely dropped the suggestion that it kinda looked like a frog. He immediately jumped on that suggestion and said that he was going to make a robot frog. He proceeded to put a matching yellow eye and sorted through the other shapes in the box for the legs and feet. A few taps later and there it was! A robot frog. Completely unassisted. Needless to say, I was, and still am, astounded by his imagination and his ability to see the image in his mind and translate it onto the board using the shapes available to him.

Kids are amazing, aren't they? I'm so impressed!

p/s I'm so jealous of those out there tonight feasting with family and celebrating the last day of the lunar calendar together. Happy Lunar New Year! Gong Xi Fa Chai! Chúc mừng năm mới! I miss home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin