Sunday, October 19, 2008

The textures of Geraldton and Greenough

Oh, I long for the wind swept, rolling hills of Greenough with its trees growing bowed to the ground and its wind turbines, majestic and steadfast.

And for Geraldton, a far cousin of my little humble hometown, Port Dickson.

Being in Geraldton really made me miss the place I grew up in. I had some time to myself one of those days in Geraldton so I went walking on the beach. The lapping waves, the smell of the ocean and the feel of the sand between my toes reminded me of "home" home. Perth's beaches don't bring such memories of home. Maybe because it is open seas. In Geraldton, the calm of the bay is very similar to the calm of the straits.

I am SO looking forward to spending some time on the beach when I am back in PD in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin