Friday, March 11, 2011

Justine Clarke's Doin' it



This is the song currently being played over and over again in our home. Not only do the kids love it, we like it a lot too! I particularly like the gentle rhythm and the clean clear sound that makes it difficult not to sway to the song. I like the simple elegance of the melody which makes it so easy to sing along. It makes me happy.

If you haven't heard of her, she's got a website here. Justine Clarke is kinda a household name in Australian TV and well known for her time on "Play School". Other favourites that are currently in our playlist is "Watermelon" and of course, "Dinosaur Roar". I do like her songs as she doesn't sing down to the kids, the music and lyrics are sophisticated. I find that my kids engage with her songs a lot more than the mindless drone of some children's songs which shall remain unnamed.

If you haven't been introduced, go on and have a listen on her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin