Monday, May 16, 2011

Extraordinary mondays - Our little Eden

I don't think I've ever shown you our garden. I thought since we are just on the brink of getting some sky juice from the heavens, I'd serve up a visual sampling of our garden with you. Please note, I have done absolutely nothing in this garden. I don't have a green thumb and have even managed to kill lucky bamboo! Our little Eden is the product of the hard work of my in-laws. I've grouped the photos in two categories: Fruit and Herb. So Fruit first:

Persimmon

Paw paw or papaya

Cumquats

Longans (we're having a bumper crop at the moment!)

Pomelo

Grapes

Oranges (these are just ripening now)

Mango (these babies were so sweet and succulent!)

Guava

Dragon fruit

Herbs next:
Tia to (red perilla)

Spring onions

Lemongrass

Chillies

Thai basil

Rau Ma (Vietnamese Pennywort)

Mint

I bet as you were scrolling through all that greenery, you must be wondering if we have a big block? Well, we have a typical suburban block in Perth. We just don't have anything else other than fruit trees and herbs in our garden. We don't believe in watering anything that doesn't produce anything for us to eat. There is one exception, my in-laws did plant a tree but that was for providing shade.

As a family, we don't do much for sustainable living but our little Eden is us doing our little bit towards it. Besides, what can be better than plucking fresh lime from the garden when you feel like a refreshing drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin