Thursday, March 4, 2010

Current image in my mind

I currently have an image in my mind that I can't shake or shift. It is getting pretty annoying as I am meant to be producing three pieces over the next week. A slim pair and a rather large format one. However, the production of these pieces have been thrwated by the image of this amazing painting.
Emile Bernard's La moisson (The Harvest), 1888
Image taken from Musee d'Orsay website

Obviously, the reproduction here is nothing compared to the real thing. To witness it in real life captured me. I am not quite sure what it was. Maybe it was the golden brilliance of the wheat field, the composition of the elements or just merely the simplicity. Something in that painting really truly transported me into the scene. I could smell the harvest, hear the rustling as the harvesters worked away, and feel the warmth of the sun on my back.
One day, one day, I may be able to paint something like that. Something that would transport you somewhere else. One day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin