Thursday, April 16, 2009

If you buy Oilily...

...please think twice especially if you are thinking of getting this little cute softie from Oilily.

image taken from Rosa Pomar's blog

This is the reason why:

http://aervilhacorderosa.com/blog/2009/04/ugly_oilily_1.html
(Scroll down the page for English translation)

Rosa Pomar designs and makes the following dolls in her shop and she has been doing so WAY WAY before Oilily produced theirs.

image taken from Rosa Pomar's shop

Don't you think they look suspiciously similar?

I don't intend to go into a rant but it does boil my blood. I think Helena, also a crafty, put it really well, "its such an outright copy that's what I find outrageous, not just "in the style of" or "influenced by"... just thought she was some little random crafty person and no-one would notice if they totally stole her design." (my emphasis).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin