Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wacom Bamboo Fun review

Look what came in the mail for me today? My very own Wacom Bamboo Fun. A white one at that to match my macbook and my iPhone.

Just look at it? Doesn't it look pretty?


I took it for a test run tonight and am absolutely smitten. When I took it out of the box, I was surprised by the lightweight and thinness of the tablet.

It comes complete with a tutorial that runs you quickly through the basics. "Ink", the program that comes with the tablet is simple and impressive in its handwriting recognition. Maybe I'll start using the tablet to replace my keyboard to help improve my handwriting. (My handwriting is shocking!)

Wacom Bamboo Fun medium even comes with Corel Painter Essentials and Adobe Photoshop Elements. The best thing of all is the ease of start up and set up. No complicated installations. Just plug the tablet in via USB connection and you are on your way! In fact, when I plugged the tablet in, the pen and the mouse were both already reactive. Look what I sketched up within a few minutes of taking the tablet out of the box. The "real"ness of the active surface of the tablet adds to your natural pen stroke experience. I really like the control and pressure sensitivity.

Guess who will be spending a lot of time drawing away on the computer?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin