Saturday, May 16, 2009

Craft fair in Perth

I went to the fair yesterday and spent about 1.5 hours browsing and simply just absorbing the craft vibe. I did find stall that I loved and spent much of my time there pouring over the fabrics. It's called Studio Mio. They import fabrics from Japan and boy, did my heart sing when I saw a quilt with origami kimono's on it. I just had to buy the pattern. For those who know me, I'm more into being at the receiving end of quilts than making them. (My dearest friend, Nat, knows this well. She made me the MOST wonderful quilt as a 30th birthday present for Khoa and I. I'll remember to post a photo of it soon.) But this japanese quilt was just so fabulous I just had to make one and have one. So, I find myself embarking on this accidental journey into quilt making. Wish me luck!

Anyway, here's a snapshot of some of the fabrics I bought at Studio Mio. Don't you think they look divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin