Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bookcrossing

Following on the same line of thought as Monday's post, have you heard of Bookcrossing?


I think it is such a great idea! You join, for free, on the website and register a book you wish to 'release' into the 'wild'. After getting that number, you write it on a bookplate with your name and you leave it in a public area for someone to pick up.

Such a sustainable idea. Books are read and read and read. There are thousands in the wild ready for you to hunt down and take home. Books even find their way across continents! It's popularity is evidenced by the inclusion of the word 'bookcrossing' into the 2004 edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary.

I haven't registered yet as I'm quite attached to my books but if I have to do some culling in the future, I will certainly think about bookcrossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin