Saturday, September 19, 2009

Crash and burn

For pretty much the whole of last week and this week just past, I have been in a rut. Mountains of work were piled on my desk. Worst of all, I was getting disorganized and sloppy. When this happens, I know that I am nearing the brink. Living dangerously close to crash burning. The stress caused by the copious amount of work coupled by very little, broken sleep and missing my lunch time gym classes left me in a not-so-good place.

On Thursday, I managed to squeeze some time to go to my favourite gym class of all, Body Balance. (This opportunity was truly because I have three wonderful team members who took some load off me that day!) I felt instantly better during that first Downward facing dog pose. Oh, how I relished the stretching and balancing! We were doing the new Les Mills Body Balance release 46 and boy after missing a whole week of not exercising, I felt it. I really did.

What I did miss was the music of release 45, particularly Snow Patrol's Crack the Shutters and Erik Satie's: Gymnopedie No. 1.

IMGP2212 Storm Cloud sun rays HDR

Image taken from SWGA&ED's Photostream

Anyway, thank God, the storm is clearing. His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin