Thursday, June 5, 2008

One of the things I love...

...about my job is that I get to be there to witness a pivotal point in a building's metamorphosis from a derelict or languishing element in the landscape into a fine example of adaptive re-use.

Today, I got to visit and experience the "quiet before the storm" in that metamorphosis.

A development proposal has been sitting on my desk for weeks and I have been struggling to understand the volumes and the spaces. However, today I got to go visit the existing building.

As we were walked through it, the architect painted his dream. And as his voice echoed through the space, the drawings I had been staring at in the office came alive! The proposed courtyards, the saw tooth roofs and most of all, the conservation and retention of these unique and beautiful timber posts structure. I could almost feel the walls quivering in excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin