Wednesday, June 4, 2008

what better way...

...than to start with the first pair of shoes I have ever made! I finished these last week using Heather Bailey's Bitty Booties pattern.

These were meant for Amelia who will be 13 weeks on Friday. I hurriedly finished them off on Saturday night so that she could wear them to church. BUT...as most baby things go, it was already a little too tight and she had to go without. I did consider taking her tights off but that meant exposing her itty bitty legs to the cold because she was already dressed in a cute pinafore.

I don't feel altogether too sad about it as it was only meant to be a prototype. I'll try the next size up and am currently eyeing some beautiful wool felt to work with. I'm going to have to think more pink thoughts as this first pair lacks that girlie charm.

"flowers, love hearts, frills, ribbons, pink"

I'm drawing blanks at the moment! Oh boy, this is going to be harder than I thought! Okay...girlie thoughts, girlie thoughts, girlie thoughts....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin